Pages

Monday 9 July 2012

Giant Jungle Cupcake

For my gorgeous nephew’s first birthday I made this giant jungle cupcake.  Originally, my brother and sister-in-law wanted to come up with the most challenging cake they could think of (King Kong climbing up a sky scraper and Tracey island were a few of their ideas!!!), but fortunately they decided to be kind and opted for a jungle themed cake.

 (the cake got a bit wet in the rain!)
The cake is an orange sponge soaked with orange sugar syrup; layered with orange butter cream, chocolate ganache and an orange curd with a milk chocolate cupcake shell.
I need some practice when it comes to the fondant figures, but I enjoyed making them, it’s just like playing with play dough but without being bossed around by children!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment