Pages

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Beads and Roses Cake

This cake was for a friend’s Mum who was celebrating her 80th birthday! My brief, to make a birthday cake with no reference to 80, her favourite colour is lilac and she likes flowers.

I thoroughly enjoyed making this one, especially the research (looking at lots of pretty, vintage inspired cakes whilst sipping tea!). I have learnt lots on the way too, some of which might have been useful before I made this cake; such as that there are such things as pearl moulds, so I needn’t have rolled each bead individually!!

I think my daughter was most disappointed that this wasn't a cake she would be getting a slice of; she took one look at it and said "wow, we must be having a really big party with that cake!!"






No comments:

Post a Comment