Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

Bunting for a Beautiful Boy!

This cake was for my gorgeous nephew’s christening. It’s an orange sponge soaked with an orange sugar syrup with a lemon buttercream.

I wanted to avoid the traditional themed christening cakes as he will be one next month so they all seemed a bit too babyish for him. A little while ago I saw a picture of a cake that had beautiful bunting painted all around the sides; bunting is perfect for every kind of celebration so I decided to use that as my theme. I also love all things Cath Kidston and thought the combinations of red and blue and navy would be perfect for the bunting on the cake. It was also a nice change from all the usual pink girlie colours in our house!
My eldest daughter helped make the sponge and cut out lots of the tiny circles for the polka dots on the flags, she sat with me for ages rolling and cutting and painting edible glue on all the tiny pieces. She was very pleased with the end result; like her mummy, she also loves a bit of bunting………and cake!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment